AFCEA Hawaii Volunteer Opportunities
The Awards Committee assists the AFCEA Hawaii Vice President of Awards in fulfilling the AFCEA Hawaii responsibilities related to award nominations and selections.
The Intelligence Committee provides a focal point within AFCEA Hawaii membership to exchange ideas and coordinate AFCEA Hawaii’s intelligence-related activities. The committee oversees AFCEA Hawaii’s intelligence outreach and helps build bridges between government and industry.
The Membership Committee assists the AFCEA Hawaii Membership Vice President with developing strategies for individual and corporate membership growth and retention. The goal of the membership committee is to enhance AFCEA’s outreach to members.
The Programs Committee assists the AFCEA Hawaii Programs Vice President with coordinating our monthly luncheon events. Coordination efforts include obtaining guest speakers, working with their staff and assisting with the activities related to the day of the event.
The Publicity Committee focus is on working with public relations and marketing of the AFCEA Hawaii events and programs. The committee assists the AFCEA Hawaii Public Relations Vice President with creating and distributing press releases, flyers, email and other media products to disseminate information to the public and AFCEA Hawaii supporters.
Young AFCEAn (YAC) Committee
The YAC Committee assists the AFCEA Hawaii YAC Vice Presidents of Industry and Government with planning YAC social events, networking events, training, and outreach programs.
- Reach out, coordinate and collaborate with Academia, State and Local government, local businesses, corporations and associations to promote and advance STEM. In doing so, involvement will promote and advance AHEF goals and objectives to include AHEF STEM scholarships/grants.
- Focal point for information about AHEF programs and events; creates press releases, flyers, email and other media products to disseminate information to the public and AHEF supporters. Coordinate with AFCEA Hawaii and AFCEA International. Develop and maintain media contact lists.
- May serve in a number of ways: contact schools and STEM classrooms to promote AHEF scholarships and encourage applications for scholarships and STEM-teacher grants; screen scholarship applications; maintain historical records of scholarships/grants given and track/update contact information of recipients (for future events where they would be invited to attend); etc.
Asia Pacific Event Planning and Execution (multiple areas)
- Leadership Forum: Assist in planning efforts for sponsors, scheduling, speakers, materials, participants/scholars. Assist instructors as needed; takes roll-call; enforces 100% attendance of scholars
- CEU Sessions: Assist in planning efforts for sponsors, scheduling, instructors, materials, participants. Assist instructors as needed; hands out Rules for Getting Credit for CEU; Scans attendees as they Exit the CEU Session; follows-up on getting CEU credits to attendees
- Pau Hana Reception: Assist in planning efforts for sponsors, scheduling, STEM organizations. Staff AHEF table, develop AHEF talking points when greeting Pau Hana attendees, etc.
- Golf Tournament: Seek Corporate Sponsors, plan and execute all duties associated with a Golf tournament (location, players, menus, check-in, banquet, etc.) Coordinate with Honolulu Council Navy League as co-sponsor.
Event Planning and Execution
- Develop strategies to develop new and existing events, and encourage new or increased contributions. Recruit sponsors, participants, or volunteers for fundraising events. Compile or develop materials to submit to granting or other funding organizations. Monitor progress of fundraising drives. Develop corporate fundraising programs, such as employer gift-matching. Develop and maintain media contact lists.